Thursday, January 14, 2010

Food as a Reward

I really need to find a better reward than food.  Yesterday I had a job interview, and I have a tradition that I go somewhere really yummy to eat afterwards to celebrate.  I thought about going to Zupa's and having there soup and sandwich, which I absolutely love.  Then, after the interview, I stopped at Bed, Bath and Beyond, and started thinking about alternatives to food as rewards.  As I looked at all the fun gadgets in the store, I decided that it would be better to spend my $10 that I would have spent at Zupa's and get something fun for my home.  But then I was SO disappointed!  Everything I looked at after that just felt empty because I knew I was giving up this terrific meal for that item.  So I gave in.  I went to Zupa's and thoroughly enjoyed myself.  It was delicious!  One good sign was that I was really full after eating a meal that never used to fill me up before.  But I also realized that living the perfect fat-free life isn't going to work for me.  It is just too hard. 
But I can do other things to make up for it.  I CAN exercise more.  I CAN eat less.  I CAN eat more fruits and veggies.  I CAN drink more water.  And I CAN lose weight and look great!

No comments:

Post a Comment