Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I think this blog is such a great motivator! Great idea. I would like to encourage you to not worry about weight right now. Just get used to living a healthier lifestyle, and the weight will come off as you adjust your habits. Pick one new habit to change each week or month or whatever you choose. Pick something diet related, and then exercise related. Don't expect huge changes until you can burn some serious calories working out, and lower your calorie intake by 300-500 calories/day. This will take time. I am a firm believer that no food is EVIL. Portion control and eating the right amounts of all the food groups is the most important thing. I love dessert, but I don't let myself have it until I've had all my fruits, vegetables, WHOLE grains, dairy, and meat first. Usually by then I'm too full to eat much dessert. And I only eat the heavy desserts once in a while. Pick lighter desserts with less calories. It's all about calories!!! Don't go shopping when your hungry, don't let yourself get really hungry or you'll binge, and don't skip out on exercising. I love to exercise, because I know that means I get to read my book or listen to a book on tape. I really look forward to that and I get excited to exercise. Anyway, that's enough for now. Good luck! I'm so proud of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment