Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sugar Junkie

I think the basic thing that I need to do is determine why I am overweight.  One factor for me is that I enjoy food very much.  It makes me feel good.  We are great friends.  Especially sweet foods and rich foods.  Last night I was working at Walmart, and I was tired, but also looking at some sugary snacks.  I thought of not how good it would taste, but how good it would feel to eat something that tasted so good.

So now, I need to figure out what I can put in place that will help me to feel that good, and not make me fat.  I think that is where exercise comes in (I am almost ready to start again), and getting enough sleep.  Maybe I need to find something else to do that I really enjoy, that I can crave instead of food.

2 comments:

  1. Out of sight, out of mind? I know, easier said than done! I can't help but buy treats, but if they're somewhere I can't see them all the time, I tend to forget about them. So when I find them, they really are a treat. It doesn't always work this way:D But it's a thought! Are there fruits or veggies that you really like? Maybe it would help to have precut fruit or veggies with dip always handy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renae,

    Thanks for the advice. I really like unusual fruits, like mangoes and pomegranates, so maybe they can be my "feel good" foods. I also thought I would try taking a bath. That can also be part of the pick-me-up that I turn to food for.

    ReplyDelete