Saturday, January 9, 2010

Little Fish

Hi ladies. Thanks for letting me join your blog. In order to accurately monitor my weight loss, I did my official weigh-in this morning. I just have to say that I love the little fish thing. A visual cue to show how we are doing is very motivational to me--of course my personal visual cues from looking in the mirror and feeling how my clothes fit better is also very motivational to me when working on weight loss. Anyway, last year I made myself a goal weight that I have not quite achieved, so my purpose is to reach that goal by making good lifestyle choices, in whatever time it takes. I recently finished a little weight loss challenge, and I found that I was most successful in general when I ate smaller portions, didn't deprive myself, started out my day with small exercises and stretching, and drank lots of water. I decided not to deprive myself of sweet things I really wanted, which actually helped me mentally. I didn't actually count calories, but I knew I was eating less, so I would think to myself, "Do I want to spend my calories on this?" And sometimes I would, and that was okay. I didn't feel such an urge to binge because I allowed myself treats here and there without going overboard. I don't know if that works for everybody, but that was the first time I'd tried it, and I still lost weight and didn't feel like I was starving or deprived. I'd like to try to increase my exercising, so that's my goal. Right now I exercise once, sometimes twice a week. I think I will shoot for two, sometimes three times a week. That should work well with basketball and open court night, plus I may join you in Zumba, Renae! I need to work out scheduling with John. I'll let you know. Anyway, those are my thoughts for now. Thanks again for letting me join you in your journey.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome, Elisa! It is great to have you with us! Your mindset is a lot like mine, I am working on lifestyle changes, not just dieting. Little changes make big differences!

    ReplyDelete